Friday, June 23

A house with a wall, with a wall, with a wall....

A house with a door, with a
door......

A house with a roof, with a roof...

Yeah anyway. Although I could be making up words for the actions of some of the coaches on sidelines of recent World Cup soccer games, I am in fact talking about a real house. Which in 6 weeks time my Mum and partner Hamish will call their own. (This also means I get to live there - probably about half the time between there and dads). It's the 'dolls house' one I mentioned just before... quite close to the Clinical school, close to town... lots of good things. I hope it is good. Before moving though (a process I kinda tremble at the thought of!) there is lots to be done to Mum's house in Kingston - painting, packing, sorting, tidying in order to get ready to sell. But I have to say, it is exciting. There are some things to be done at some stage to the new place too - painting the inside so its not peachy colour, and at some point probably putting in a new kitchen/living area. So.. some day there'll have to be a house warming party... but we only found out today so lets not hurry things.

Oh but it does have a flag pole. Any suggestions for what we could fly? So far we considered the skull and cross bones, or skull and cross bones... or.. Ok actually that was all we thought of (even though 3 of us thought of it separately!). Or just no flag....

2 comments:

Jac said...

Wow, it's so exciting! It soulds like a great place and it'll be fun to have something like that as a project... much more so than the 'project' of getting Kingston organised. I don't envy any of you that task! For once making and moving piles isn't going to cut it.

Wish I could see the dolls house, but I'll get there.

Have a great holiday! Grab those ghibli vids from Jo if you haven't already. Most of them were next to the video, top right, but they may be in the boxes at the bottom by now. Play some geeky computer games for me :)

Miss you (and C&H too) *hugs*

CupKate said...

Its pretty exciting... i haven't even beun to make piles to shift yet. I started yesterday by scraping varnish off the outside woodwork in order to clean and re-varnish it. Meanwhile Tahnee learnt to use an electric sander and got all the posts under the veranda ready to paint... weather dependent ther'll be more on monday.. and tuesday.. and maybe wednesday. But not thursday because I'm going to Melbourne hurrah!

Doing my bit for geekyness... admittedly only on neopets lately but Toshi still has a couple from exams to play (i know some people uninstall games at exam time but I did the opposite!!!)

Forgot to ask Jo about movies but I definately will... fun fun!