Thursday, August 28

two sleeps

And finally, the result of weeks of work by a handful of people will be the much talked about (and even blogged about) Red Party. We have had promotions at uni, posters, cupcakes, ribbons, raffle tickets, I even had an interview on 936 breakfast radio and someone else has been on Edge radio. And soon it will be here!

(preparing our red gnomes)

Organising the RED PARTY has varied between all-consuming and a lot of fun. Actually, its been easy with such a great team, and its only been all-consuming from time to time - like when we were painting many small gnomes red, or making a giant banner that took longer than intended, or working out just how to blow up endless inflatable havaijana thongs when the pump didn't work!

(wandering the uni on 'red day'. My 'thong' seems to have deflated a little)

Soon it will all be over and then I'll wonder what to do with myself. I might study for my osces though. Or read a book, or see my friends, or... so I probably won't really wonder what to do, but it will be a nice relief.

Its not too late to come if you are in the area - 8pm, Saturday the 30th August, hotel SOHO, $10 and all proceeds go to OXFAM's AIDS orphans nutrition program in South Africa. There will be cocktails, a red bull bar, a raffle and the fantastic and local 'The Riot Act' followed by DJ Jack! For more info see www.impactutas.blogspot.com

No comments: