Tuesday, July 14

And the top 20 were...

If anyone is interested, I'm sure you can find this out but... look here for the full list or here are the top 20:

1. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
2. Rage Against the Machine - Killing In The Name
3. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
4. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
5. Radiohead - Paranoid Android
6. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
7. Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
8. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
9. Foo Fighters - Everlong
10. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
11. John Lennon - Imagine
12. Oasis - Wonderwall
13. Radiohead - Creep
14. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
15. Radiohead - Karma Police
16. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
17. Hilltop Hoods - The Nosebleed Section
18. Muse - Knights Of Cydonia
19. Metallica - One
20. White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Overall the group at my place enjoyed the countdown, but were probably a bit suprised by the top 5. Nathan wanted Bohemian Rhapsody higher, I never would have thought of Rage against the machine - although Richo liked it, and so did Hamish. After talking to Hamish and finding out Joy Division was the name for the nazi sex slaves or something, Joy Division has a new meaning and I'm not sure I like it. Still no suprise their song was up there. I liked White Stripes Seven Nation Army also - might have voted for it if I'd thought of it (though it was hard to pick 10!). The song I voted for that got highest was Massive Attack's Teardrop at #22.

Enough about that - it was a pleasant laid back party but now its a new week. And I'm on urology which mainly means 7 or 7;30 starts (or 6:45 on Fridays to check up on patients before grand rounds with the consultants). As far as surgical specialties go, its not bad, and the consultants are pretty nice. Still, despite the interesting parts, I'm not sure I'm that keen on endless prostate examinations! Last Thursday was good though: journal club = breakfast at a cafe with intern, RMO, reg and consultants (their shout) and we discussed a couple of journal articles! Eggs benedict was a good way to start a day - and I was grateful for a good feed after assisting in a nephrectomy operation for several hours later in the day (yep we took out his kidney).

1 comment:

Big A said...

Oh Lord, I feel old! Maybe they should have put an age limit on it.

Enjoy those kidneys.